Last post of the year - a mixture of bits!

And just like that - the year is over! I have taken literally hundreds and hundreds of photos this year, and wish I had time to share them all. Here are a few highlights from the last few weeks that I want to share before I log off for the summer break.

These photos were snapped the other day when I noticed Grace and Kieran playing a game of peekaboo around the classroom door. Both were in fits of laughter and having a great time - so lovely to watch, especially as Grace has only been with us a few weeks.



We also role-played going to the hairdressers, to help one of our students who finds it a bit stressful. Kieran volunteered to be our model. He wore a cape (an art shirt!), we sprayed his hair with a bit of water, then PRETENDED to cut his hair with both scissors and a fantastic app called 'Hair Trimmer' which sounds exactly like actual clippers. The students then took turns pretending to cut my hair too! (But there are no photos of that sorry)




These were our amazing artworks that we made this term and were displayed in the Santa's Grotto at Ashgrove school a couple of weeks ago. I know I am biased but I think they look awesome!









And lastly, in the last week of term we were invited to participate in the Mahuri Fun Day. Although the weather was not kind, we managed to join in with a number of activities throughout the day. The students had an absolute ball, and I was blown away with the kindness and friendship shown by the students from Mahuri - they actually fought over which of our students they could be buddied up with, and did such an awesome job including them and helping them. Such a cool way to end the year, highlighting the friendships made and the inclusion we have felt this year. xxxx





Merry Christmas from us all, and we will see you again in 2019




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Term 4 is flying by!

Around the World - our week in the Netherlands